“Do they ever sleep?” is a question we hear quite often. “Sometimes” is the answer, but not when we are on a global conference conquest.
This week we have visited Meet Magento SE eCommerce conference in the beautiful capital of Sweden – Stockholm. We were super excited to attend, not just as visitors, but as genuinely committed sponsors as well. An exciting speaker note, magazines and other Adeo Web goodies, our experience and technical expertise – these are just a few things that we brought, along with a thirst to build new partnerships with our colleagues from across the seas.
You see, Magento is more than just an eCommerce platform. The fact that its open source means that there is a thriving ecosystem surrounding it. An ecosystem of like-minded developers and designers. A community of business developers, project managers, and partners. This community is more than willing to meet, share their knowledge and help each other grow. Meet Magento SE is a great example of this.
The agenda was split between Main Track for business solutions and Tech Track for technical implementations and insights. One of our lead developers has joined in for the conference and Tech Track had some extremely valuable information.
To name an example – an introduction by Igor Melnikov to a new upcoming Magento feature called Page Builder that we will certainly use in the future. Some really interesting insights by Ray Bogman on migration to Magento 2 as well.
Even though we have already done numerous successful migrations, knowledge sharing is always beneficial, because no individual expert has all the pieces of the puzzle and there is always something new to learn. Another interesting and very relevant topic presented by Paula Poukka was video content. We all know that video is the current king of content types, but it is still not widely implemented in eCommerce – spoiler alert – be sure, this trend is just around the corner.
The Main Track had some interesting topics as well, including an exciting keynote from Adeo Web. We’ve shared our experience on one of our projects – a multi-store solution built on a single Magento Admin dashboard and the countless functionalities we have implemented along with it. One of our key values at Adeo Web is sharing knowledge – and we honestly enjoy doing that, because it helps others (and us, too!) improve. Often, besides building a network of partners, we also get interesting insights on our solutions. Our main goal with this presentation was to share common challenges faced by mid-sized companies and the ways they can be overcome. These challenges are:
- Scalability – we’ve solved this by building multiple localized shops controlled from a single Magento admin dashboard, reducing the administrative costs to a minimum. With automated processes, even an administrator without any technical knowledge can build a brand new e-shop with ease.
- Speed – besides website optimization, we have reduced the duration of information transfer 24 times
- Search – developed custom search solution with features such as keyword synonym recognition; autosuggest; 80% query match and many others
- UX/UI – carried out extensive usability research, testing and completely rebuilt category and filter system, helping customers easily find their product between tens of thousands of options
- Pricing – fully automated complex price calculation for multiple countries, products, categories, and currencies
- Delivery time – developed functionality for routing deliveries from multinational suppliers to customers in multiple countries and finding the most efficient delivery methods, automatically
We’ve also had a stand displaying Adeo Web. Instead of a regular exhibition aimed at sales, this one was focused on showcasing capabilities and solutions, building partnerships and sharing our knowledge.
A great example is our yearly magazine “This Might be Useful”, created for this exact reason. It’s filled with the latest eCommerce trends, our experience, and know-how, various tips and tricks, as well as the latest tech innovations. It has been a great hit at every event we have been to – a lot of people often know about it before we even introduce ourselves.
And we’re already collecting and creating new content for the next issue, so if you want to be a part of it – let us know!
Overall we are more than happy with our trip to Stockholm. Each time you leave the comfort of your home, your familiar environment, every new journey helps you grow. This was no different – from newly built partnerships to new insights on the latest trends in Magento and eCommerce in general, we’re coming back from Meet Magento SE stronger and better equipped to solve our client’s problems and face the next challenge in our eCommerce journey.