The Internet Retailer Conference & Exhibition 2017 was a huge success for the online retail industry. Taking place in Chicago on June 6-9, the event attracted more than 600 exhibitors and around 100 speakers, focused on retail. IRCE 2017 was one of the biggest events for the representatives of the eCommerce industry.
This was the first year for Adeo Web at IRCE and now we know that this is a place we want to be every year, every June. Together with all the exhibitors, we are assured that IRCE is a successful event for finding new online business clients, innovative tools, and up to date knowledge about what is happening in retail and what strategic steps online businesses need to take to be competitive tomorrow. Our primary goal is to help our clients grow and this convention is a great resource for that.
Participating at IRCE as an exhibitor we were delighted to meet so many wonderful people working towards the same goal- to boost their online business. We invited all merchants to our stand by asking a question- is their eCommerce business ready for 1 million orders? The answers to this question led us to conversations which led us to the beginnings of relationships and partnerships that we hope will last long into the future.
Every exhibition has something new to show, some exciting knowledge to share and some innovations to present. We want to share with you our 5 main takeaways from IRCE 2017:
- Payments. We were surprised to notice how many payments exhibitors there were during the convention. When 5 years ago we had only PayPal and maybe some other small payment gateways, now we see that the payment systems market is huge as never before. On the other hand, we have Facebook and Google which can quickly change the market by adding some payment solutions by themselves.
- Mobile shoppers. In the USA more than 20% of Google searches are now by voice, said Christian Santiago at IRCE. The reason is that people are more likely to search in a natural, spoken language. That is why eCommerce retailers need to start implementing technologies to make the search easier and more comfortable for customers and adapt to their needs.
- Welcome to Asia. As the online retail market in the USA is becoming more and more competitive, there are new opportunities abroad and Asia is a choice for many retailers. ‘Unlimited market’ is what Asia looks like right now and we could see it clearly during the IRCE 2017. USA online market is big enough for everyone, but Chinese market is way bigger.
- Personalization. One of the hottest topics at IRCE 2017 engaged both speakers and exhibitors who shared their concerns leading to personalization success stories. The BCG study suggested ‘personalization will shift ~$800 Billion over the next 5 years to the 15% of companies who get it right’. Data scientists are believed to be the key to a successful personalization.
- A new era for B2B. As we all already know, Magento is evolving into B2B focused platform. As many eCommerce platforms are still focusing on B2C, the data provided at IRCE showed that the expected eCommerce growth for B2B is 1 Trillion by the year 2020. That means a way new era for online business.
New technologies are enhancing the eCommerce industry and we can only keep up with the pace if we continue being surrounded by the right people and the right partners.
We have already booked our stand for IRCE 2018, so be sure to be there and meet us at our