A great eCommerce site has many components, but one of the most important is search capability. It’s crucial for your eCommerce site search tool to be well-prepared. No one can buy anything if they can’t find the product they’re looking for, and can’t find it quickly.
In fact, according to Econsultancy, “online shoppers who use the search box on a site convert at a rate of 4.63%, vs. 2.77% for the average visitor.” But the real value of effective search capability is not just speed. There are other factors involved.
For one thing, accuracy is critical. A shopper may not know exactly what he or she wants, so the search engine has to help. If a customer searches for woman’s shirts, she probably is not interested in buying a short-sleeved bare midriff t-shirt if she lives in Chicago and it’s January; but, if your eCommerce site search tool is intuitive, it will know to feature shirts that are seasonally-appropriate. Having this kind of accuracy also makes the search far more relevant, which saves the customer time and increases the likelihood of purchase.
It’s all about conversions, after all
The bedrock of e-Commerce success is not how many visits you have, but how many visits turn into conversions. If it’s doing the job you hired it to do, your site’s search tool can and should help you achieve a greater conversion per visit rate. There are several ways it can do this, and some of the most prominent include the list below. Your site search tool should enable you to:
- Make it easy to create landing pages that are customized toward specific product promotions
- Allow you to merchandise products geared toward specific geographical locations
- Allow you to promote products by SKU, attribute or the aforementioned geo.
- Put a spotlight on particular products by adding icons or promotional words like half-price today
The personalized shopping experience
When potential shoppers visit your site, they are often swayed by the differentiation you provide to their shopping experience. One of the ways to this is to personalize that experience. Some of the ways this can be done include:
- Personalized recommendations. If done right, personalized recommendations can increase conversion rates by a factor of 5.5
- Cross-selling and upselling the consumer. This can lead to the customer purchasing more than they initially planned
- Increasing product discovery. Then your customers can learn about your products and related offerings, the more likely they are to find what they are looking for, even if it isn’t what they originally came to see.
So, is there a solution provider that accomplishes all of this?
Yes, there is, and at Adeo Web, we’ve partnered with them. It’s called Nextopia, and it was singled out in 2016 as a leading vendor in the site search arena for e-Commerce by Internet Retailer. As your e-Commerce partner, Adeo Web goes beyond just implementing your e-Commerce store. We also ensure that you have access to the best extensions and add-ons. We appreciate the importance of making your e-Commerce site search friendly while also promoting your products and services. By offering all of the features and benefits mentioned above, Nextopia does all of that and more. And, because it’s easy to use, you can do things that you never dreamed you’d be able to do when you first launched your e-store (like quickly serving up a customized promotion-linked landing site.)
Adeo Web has partnered with Nextopia because they, like us, deliver incredible value. Theirs and our top priority is always the health and increasing prosperity of your business. With Adeo Web and Nextopia, you can have an e-Commerce store whose look, feel and performance will rival all of your competitors, regardless of size. Adeo Web and Nextopia. A winning combination for any e-Commerce store, especially yours.