For today’s small and mid-size merchants, an e-Commerce presence is no longer a “nice to have” – it is a “must have.” While that statement may seem a bit dogmatic, there are several factors that support this position, including, but not limited to the ones listed below. With e-Commerce, you can:
- Sell twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week
- Market to the entire country (and the world, if you’re so inclined)
- Collect data on your customers’ preferences and buying habits, which can be used in your marketing efforts, your pricing and your product offerings
- Increase consumer confidence in your brand by demonstrating currency with the latest technology
- And, last but certainly not least, you can increase your revenue and profits.
Still not convinced? Try this data on for size, courtesy of the online (naturally) publication Small Business Trends:
- 51% of Americans say that they prefer to shop online
- 95% say they shop online at least once per year
- 80% say they shop online at least once per month
- 30% say they shop online weekly
- 5% report that they shop online daily
And, the icing on the cake: 48% of online shoppers say they spent more than planned during their shopping experience
Sounds simple — doesn’t it?
It should be, but it’s not. A lot of the businesses that have online presence don’t use it very effectively. Their e-Commerce stories read like an encyclopedia of futility. Fact is, the same survey cited above also points out several reasons that many consumers have resistance to shopping online. They include the following:
- Not being able to touch or feel the product (49%)
- High shipping costs (28%)
- Inaccurate fulfillment, wherein the customer receives a different model or style from what they ordered (22%) or the wrong product altogether (23%).
- Difficulty with the payment process (66%). This is the biggest reason customers abandon their shopping carts.
Taken together, it would seem like the problems are insurmountable, or at least the cost of fixing them would be. But, with the right partner, doing things right does not have to cost you an arm and a leg. The right solution provider can help you design your e-Commerce store so that the product descriptions and visual renderings make the shopper feel like he or she can actually reach out and touch them. The right partner can also make sure that you’re shipping product in the most efficient and economical manner, and that checkout and payment are handled smoothly. And, since your solution provider will make sure you have an e-Commerce site that’s intuitive and easy to use, the instances of customer ordering error will be all but eliminated.
So, how do you choose the right e-Commerce partner?
Basically, it boils down to two simple criteria:
- Level of partner expertise and experience
- Value (otherwise known as getting what you need and want at a cost you can afford)
With ADEO WEB, business owners can benefit from the company’s eight years of experience developing e-Commerce sites from the ground up, and enhancing (or rescuing) e-stores that are up and running but not producing the expected result. Always using the latest technologies, and with a commitment to Agile development, ADEO WEB’s customer-centric approach will always exceed your expectations without breaking your budget.
E-Commerce excellence is no longer reserved for the “Big Guys” with deep pockets. But be forewarned. With ADEO WEB as your e-Commerce partner, you just may become one of them.
Interested in learning more? Subscribe to our newsletter!